ServicesHere you will find the rest of the information you need for your stay at HeronBridge Retreat. Find out about our delicious catering, look through information on our Pricing structure, our Property Rules, and facilities for Day Conferences. This information is also available as downloadable PDFs – please visit the ‘Downloads’ page.
MealsWe provide Deluxe Catering as well as Budget Catering: Deluxe Catering is for all groups and is the renowned HeronBridge meals Budget or Standard Catering is basic tasty no frills cooking.
We can only prepare this if the group that requires it has more than 100 paying guests and if the other groups who first booked asked for it as well.
Download sample menus with a comparison between Deluxe & Budget Catering options (PDF format).
The menu for your group will only be available on the day of arrival due to delivery constraints. An additional amount starting from R60 per person per day will be charged to accommodate persons with special dietary allergies and vegetarians.
Day ConferencesA Special Day Conference consists of:
- Coffee / tea on arrival
- Tea break with a snack
- Light lunch
- Afternoon tea / coffee
- Two bottled waters per person
- Two canned cool drinks per person
- Mints on the tables
- Day Conference can only be booked from Monday to Thursday
PricingThe basic daily camp fee includes sleep & ablution facilities, we offer three substantial meals, tea or coffee in between, and the full use of a meeting hall.
A day at HeronBridge Retreat starts from 16:30 on the first day and ends at 14:00 on the next day.
The hiring of bed linen (we make the beds) and crockery & cutlery (we wash-up) are optional extras.
When only a Friday or only a Saturday night is booked, we charge an additional surcharge.
To make a secure booking we require a completed booking form as well as a payment confirmation for the reservation deposit.
20% of the reservation/breakage deposit will be retained in our bank account to cover for any breakages or losses. The balance will be deposited into your bank account.
We require a further 30% deposit one month prior to arrival Payment of the balance is due BEFORE arrival .
Download our current Price List here.
Please contact us to tailor make a package for you.
- We reserve the right to accept more than one group at a time.
- Should you wish to book the whole Retreat Centre the minimum charge will be for 150 paying guests.
- If your booking ends on a Friday we may ask to vacate the sleeping facilities at 09:00 to prepare for the weekend visitors.
- We will need to know the minimum number of beds you will require and we will reserve these beds for you. Should the size of your group increase, please contact us urgently to request additional accommodation and we will do our best to help you.
- Final numbers and arrangements must reach the Retreat Office not later than four working days before the visit
- Please note: You will be expected to pay for the number of beds you have booked. We cannot give credit for non-arrivals.
- During school hours, the College facilities (auditorium & sports facilities) are only available for use by Retreat guests by prior arrangement.
- You will need to bring your own toiletries, swimming towels, sports equipment, sound & projection equipment. You will also need to bring your own bedding and towels as well as eating utensils unless you have pre-booked with us.
- Alcohol policy: No alcohol is allowed on the property.
- Smoking policy: Smoking is not allowed in and around buildings. Designated areas have been allocated.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Radios are restricted to meeting halls.
- HeronBridge Retreat is a member of Christian Camping SA. www.ccsa.org.za
- Please visit our website www.heronbridge.co.za for additional information and new developments.